CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our Week of Ramadan

So this past week the girls were out of school because of the local Arabic holiday. I am actually not sure if it was Ramadan, Eid, or Rosh Hashanah but they were excited to be out of school. I felt bad that I wasn't up for going more places but we had fun anyway. Monday I couldn't decide what to do. I decided that we should probably go shopping, and once we got into the car I made a last minute decision to go to IKEA! There were a few things I had been wanting to get. The girls were excited to play in Smaland and we had fun with Swedish meatballs for lunch. Myka was sad that she didn't get to go into the play area, but it was good incentive for her to be a "big girl". I officially started potting training again this week. She hasn't worn diapers all week, well except naps and bed of course. She has had a LOT of accidents but with the use of plastic pant liners it hasn't been that bad. She is starting to catch on and has had very few accidents the past couple of days. Here's hoping that she and I last another week. We went to a birthday party for our favorite baby boy, Cole, that night. Then we rushed home to have FHE with and investigating family.

Tuesday was spent recouping from Monday, doing laundry, and going to dance. Wednesday we had a great time swimming at the Wayne Aquatic Center with friends from the ward. It is such a fun indoor pool. The girls had a great time and when all the sprayers turned off and I told Nora it was over she asked when they were going to come back on again. I am so glad that she has gotten confident in the water. It is so neat to watch her continue to progress. Kyla is very water loving but is quite a spaz when it comes to strokes so she doesn't do very well when she can't touch. Myka liked playing in the super shallows but got cold and done early.

Thursday we were supposed to go to the Detroit Science Center but pregnant mommy bummed out and decided we needed to stay home and do laundry. The girls had a soccer game that evening. I taped most of it so the girls could see what they look like when they play, hoping to motivate them to be more into the game.

Friday, we got to the village about 11:30 and had a very fun time going at our own pace. I totally left it up to the girls to where we were going to go and how long we were going to spend. We went to the farm first of course. Just as we got there we saw a huge hawk on the chimney. We went inside and the workers were having lunch. So that was fun to see what they were eating. We had fun petting a ram and he jumped up on the ledge of the fence as we turned to leave, so we decided he liked it and didn't want us to leave. Then we headed to Liberty Craftworks and visited the shops. We had the special chance to walk into the carding mill (which we had never done) and been able to see a demonstration of how it worked when they turned it on. After a ride on a Model T, we stopped by the Millnery Shop (which we had never done before). The girls had a great time trying on all the hats and looking old fashioned. We had to go on the carousel for Myka and then we stopped by the jewerly shop. I hadn't brought any lunch but just a few snacks, figuring that when we got hungry enough we would go home. As we started heading home around 5:00, the girls realized we hadn't had lunch and started chewing me out for not feeding them. I told them they never asked for lunch, so too bad. It was a fun low key day at the village and very beautiful too.

It was a little hard getting back into getting up and going again the next week but it was a fun break.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.