CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Feeding the Need to Read (for a 6 year old)

So this summer Nora started reading the American girl books. We decided to start with Kit since the movie was coming out soon. She started barreling through them very quickly. Somehow we got into a conversation about if she read all the American Girl books we should get her an American Girl. I laughed and said "I don't think so" but Mormor said "Heck ya, if you read all the books, I will buy you an American Girl." I am not sure if it was that or just having a new series to read, but she has been at it as fast as I could get them from the library.
 

 
So I got this book for her one day during our break from school. She read it during nap time, before bed, and then a little while in the morning when she woke up early and I told her to go back to bed. After that she was done, less than 24 hours later. It is the 6 Samantha books all put into one collection, close to 400 pages long. So it is not much of a mystery when I tell you she just finished all the American Girl books. That is a series of 6 books for each of the 9 historical girls comes to 54. Plus, she has read a ton of the best friend books, mysteries, and short stories. It is hard to believe that 2 summers ago when she was 4 she was reading "FedEx" on airplanes and "Ford" on the countless signs around Dearborn. The next summer she was 5, starting Kindergarten and reading "The Magic Treehouse" series, and now a year later I can't seem to keep enough books around for her. She has actually chewed me out on several occasions that I didn't have the next book for her to read yet, and this is with us going to the library every week! She listed on her All About Me page at the beginning of the year that her favorite thing to do was to lie in bed and read books! Well not too social, but at least she loves to read.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.