We were so excited to have Grandpa and Mormor come and visit us. It didn't take Myka long at all to warm up to either of them.Of course, the highlight and whole reason that they came this particular weekend was to go to the Old Car Festival. The girls and Mormor posing in front of the fountain. I dropped them off and went to park. I have never seen so many people at the village before. I had to park way, way beyond any type of parking lot. It is amazing how different a place can be depending on how many people are there. After my mile walk to the entrance, I decided we should have parked in our driveway and walked from there. When I caught up to the crew they were trying out the peddle cars. They are always lots of fun. Nora is starting to outgrow them.
My Dad took a lot of pictures but they were all of old cars. Don't get me wrong, they are really cool, but to me it's not worth posting unless it has one of us in it. I think there were close to 1,000 cars there so it was a lot to see. There were some really neat old ones that were very rare and of course a ton of Model T's since it was the 100th anniversary of the first Model T.
The original plan was for Daniel to take Myka home for nap time since he wasn't feeling well. I kept telling him and Mom and Dad that we could leave whenever they were done, but I guess everyone thought I was the boss so since I didn't say we are leaving we stayed, and stayed, and stayed all the way till the fireworks. Myka didn't quite know what to think of this little stuffed doll that looked like she was in "time-out".Kyla trying to keep ahead of the crowd down in Walnut grove. They demonstrated putting together a Model T in 7 minutes. It was pretty cool. They didn't put the body on but had it up to wheels, box, and steering wheel. They even drove it back and forth a couple of times. My Dad didn't think we should watch it since it would make it harder for my mom to support all the hours he is in the garage working on the "T".
One of Myka's big things when Grandpa and Mormor came was that she had to ride the train at the village with them. If it weren't for that we probably wouldn't have ridden it. We had to wait till the third time it came around to get on. Luckily, we had good entertainment. The girls loved watching this muskrat who was not afraid of them at all and the turtles in the pond.
I put us all in our Kanab, Utah t-shirts and the girls got lots of comments on their fun shirts. We even found a couple of people that were going to be moving to Kanab soon.
The anticipated train ride. We were lucky to be on when they did a "blow down".We took a break, stood in a really long line for frozen custard and listened to a fun old fashioned band. On their way out Grandpa and Mormor found the energy for one dance old fashioned style.
We decided to start making our way to the front, the carousel was too much of a temptation though and we had to stop. It is not very often that we get to ride it at night with all the lights on. My mom took like 25 pictures of Kyla during the ride, guess she decided being a model can get old after awhile. I think this picture best captures her personality.
Once we got done with the carousel it was time for the "gas light parade", where all the cars have their lights on and drive by. Once the parade was over the fireworks started. Luckily, Daniel had found a parking spot quite a bit closer than I had so we all piled in the Cavalier and he drove us out to the Freestyle. I am really glad that we were able to go, it was a much bigger event than I had thought it would be.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)















0 comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.