CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Daniel went camping last weekend with the scouts and found this place where they stock the river with really big trout. I told him that for Mother's Day I wanted to go fishing. So after getting to bed really late on Friday (because a trip to the ER, more details later) we woke up at six, tossed the kids in the car in their pajamas, and gave them a bag of cereal. We had fun fishing. Daniel snagged a BIG one but as he and Nora were reeling it in it broke Daniel's line. So sad. We took a nice hike through the woods. (I don't know, can you call it a hike when there is no change in elevation?) Daniel found this cute little toad for the girls.
 
And this butterfly that let the girls get incredibly close.
 

It sprinkled on us off an on all morning and then just as we were pulling out of the parking lot it started pouring. On the way home we stopped at one of our favorite Coney Island restaurants for breakfast.

Sunday started with being spoiled by Daniel's meetings being cancelled. Church was fun then Daniel went hometeaching and we headed to the Ruesch's for ebleskiver and birthday cake.
 
Posted by Picasa
My girls were so cute and made me cards, flowers, drawings etc. I am spoiled rotten by my family, they are so good to me. I really got 4 Mother's Day's 1.Mall shopping last weekend with a friend 2.Fishing 3.Mother's Day 4.Pedicures and lunch with friends next weekend. I think there is nothing better than drawing out a holiday as long as possible. Gotta love being a mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.