So I have to write this down somewhere and here is the only place I have available right now. Around 10:00 last night we heard Kyla starting to cry in her bed. Daniel went up and tried to make her more comfortable - gave her a drink, took her potty. He thought he settled her down and a few minutes later she started crying again. This continued for over an hour. Daniel changed her blanket to a sheet and we changed her pj's. In the meantime, she managed to wake up Myka a few times with her crying. About the third time Myka woke up she cried to Daniel "Daddy turn off the vacuum"! I guess Kyla's cry resembles the shrill whine of the vacuum.
Finally I went in to Kyla to try and talk to her to try to find out what was going on. She said "I have nothing to do". So I turned on the bathroom light and gave her a few books to look at. I came to the conclusion that she had woken up because she was too hot but kept crying out because she couldn't get back to sleep because she didn't have a book to look at. We thought she was taken care of so we shut off the light and went to bed but a few minutes later she was in our room. Daniel let her in our bed (which never happens BTW). She snuggled for a few minutes then I couldn't stand it anymore and he took her back to her bed and we all had a great night. So today I was talking to her about the episode and she said "No I wasn't hot, there was an alligator biting my back!" Sure wish they came with an electronic readout, still haven't completely figured out what was going on.
Monday, April 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
My oldest occasionally has night terrors that are kind of like that - he isn't totally awake even though his eyes are open and he may come walking out of his room. He doesn't cry out as much as shake with fear. All I can figure to do is hold him until he calms down. If he will answer questions and sometimes he won't, it is always something nonsensical like from a dream.
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.