CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Boy is ONE!!! NOOOOOO!

I am sad to say that Eli has turned one and is quickly leaving babydom. I have enjoyed him so much that I have a hard time with him growing. I guess is also stems from seeing my other kids get so grown up so fast. It just seems like they should stay smaller longer
 
His one year old measurements are 29 1/2 inches tall and 23.5 lbs. He is sleeping through the night pretty regularly and I am down to nursing on twice and sometimes once a day. He has been down to one nap for awhile since my schedule with the girls school doesn't work with a two nap schedule.
 
Eli has gotten extremely good at going down the stairs backwards and I pretty much trust him on them. I never did use the gate much. He has the most amazing smile with his four teeth sticking out and can pretty much win me over with anything.
 
Eli already loves to play cars and will crawl with one hand on the floor and one had holding his car while he scoots his bum forward (he is actually pretty fast).
 
He started folding his arms for prayer and will say something for Amen. Eli has started to really enjoy looking and pointing at books, stacking the star stacker, and play with the shapes box. But the thing he loves the best are BUTTONS! Whenever the phone rings and I pick it up he thinks he needs it. Whenever the TV gets turned on he tries his hardest to find the remote and disturb whatever we are watching. He is quite apt at finding buttons and was really excited to find some at the museum yesterday he could push. I think I am going to be in trouble when he gets older. My girls have had no interest in video games and such it has not been hard to keep it out of the house. He isn't walking yet, but I am super O.K. with that. And he isn't talking either, I am trying really hard not to compare him to the girls, knowing that boys are different and my girls weren't exactly normal with their speaking abilities. I am sure it will all come soon, he likes to tell up big babbling stories, though! I so luv my boy, if you haven't noticed. Kyla calls him - "You THING" so "Thing" might end up being his nickname. The girls have a lot of fun with him, but are scared for him to reach the age of destruction!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.