CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hooray for Halloween!

We had such a fun October and great Halloween. I am not much of fan of this holiday. It seems so selfish to go out begging the neighbors for candy, dressing up as creepy things, plus what are we celebrating anyways??? Well after doing the Halloween thing with kids for a few years I am getting to have a little bit more fun with the holiday and not despise it so much. A lot of my change of attitude I am sure has to do with all the fun fall activities that are so abundant out here.
 
The kids on the porch before going to a party.
 
Nora was a stylin' spider witch, we borrowed the costume from some friends. She had fun with it but really wanted to be a grizzly bear. Unfortunately, grizzly bear costumes for 7 year olds are hard to come by and I was not about to make one. Nora got to go the the "Zoo Boo" with friends in the ward.
 

 
Kyla's costume stole the show this year. She told us that she wanted to be an animal resucer but kind of ended up more with a zookeeper. I bought a hat and pin from the zoo, a shirt and backpack from thrift stores and the rest was out of her closet. We decided she got the prize for having the costumes with the most accessories. We put a brown belt on her and pouches to keep her rescuing supplies plus a box of animal crackers to tame the animals. Her costume was topped off with some makeup on her face, we couldn't decide what to do so I ended up putting some marks looking like dirt smudges. At the ward party everyone thought they were tiger scratches so we did some more obvious for Halloween night.
 


 
Myka was the cutest little lion ever. I just wanted to eat her up every time I saw her. She was hoping to be a unicorn/pegasus but we couldn't find anything in the stores and she was quite excited when I showed her this costume. She actually wore the hood most of the time and with a whiskers and nose she was just irresistible.
 
Eli carried on the tradition in the bunny costume. He made such a darling little chubby bunny and was a good sport about letting us dress him up, although he didn't like the hood too much he would wear it when we needed him to. We spent a good part of the day at our good friends for a Halloween party and then had fun trick-or-treating with them before heading back to our neighborhood.
Posted by Picasa
They had a great time going through their candy and counting and sorting it. Eli thought this activity was especially fun and had a great time crawling around in it. Next year we are going to put a curfew on trick-or-treating so we have time to come home and go through candy afterwards.
 
 
Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nora's spider witch was magnificient! tell her she pulled it off with Hollywood flair. And Kyla's was most creative of all I have seen this year!Yea. Thank you for inviting me to Mika's birthday, it was much fun. I really the connection. Bless you. Love Mormor

Anonymous said...

Is it Thanksgiving yet?

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.