CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nora's American Girl Party

Nora had asked for an "Amercian Girl" party mostly centered around activities out of an American Girl book she got at the library. We had the girls bring their dolls but I had a hard time thinking of good activities for them to actually DO with their dolls. We beaded braclets for the girls and their dolls, made fans for the girls and their dolls, and made gingerbread houses.
 
I wasn't smart enough to get a picture with all the girls and their dolls, but Daniel did snap one of the dolls.
 
She had 5 girls from school and 2 from church come. I am glad we didn't end up inviting anymore; I had my hands full. They were definately not as calm and proper as I had imagined.
 
Nora got lots of fun presents, especially some great stuff for her doll.
 
The last activity was making petit fours. Nora had been planning that part for several months. I baked a cake sliced it up and froze it. I had them prefrosted and let the girls decorate with piping bags and different kinds of sprinkles. They had fun, but made a mess of their cakes with huge piles of frosting and sprinkles. Not exactly what they had pictured in the book Nora saw. We will definately wait for a couple years to do the piping tubes again, or at least with only a couple of kids. Nora had a great time and I think we met all her expectations. She greatly impressed Mommy with her follow through after mom's hostess training. I do wish her birthday wasn't right before Christmas so I could do more planning for her birthday.
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

KMDuff said...

What a fun party idea! :) Very cute.

Theresa said...

Such a cute party! I have loved looking over your blog, Lise. I know about the energy levels of girls this age :). Because of this, my girls can only invite three friends over for their party, because that is all I can handle :).
Happy Birthday to Nora!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.