CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo . . .

You can come too, too, too. Today as the first day of Spring Break we spent the day at the zoo and froze our fingers off. There were actually 5 of us moms and a herd of kids. We all had different schedules, so most of the other moms left around 1:00 p.m. Summer stayed almost to the end, but as you all know I am a die hard and have to try and squeeze as much in as possible. I thought that since we have a membership now it wouldn't be so bad. Actually, today I had a good reason. The girls have been saving up their allowance to buy some Build-a-Bear clothes and I found a guy on craigslist with some for a good price. He lives close to the zoo so I thought that this was a good opportunity. But he couldn't meet us till 5:30 when he got off work, so we were actually trying to stay at the zoo as long as possible. We had a lot of fun in the Amphibian house, the seals and polar bears, wolverines, bison, kangaroos, giraffes, zebras, African wild dogs, rhino, lemurs, snow monkeys, lions, tigers, red pandas, gorillas, chimpanzees, and at the end we spent a long time in the reptile house (my girls love that place) and a super quick walk through the penguinarium. It actually turned out to be a good day. I just wish I had brought gloves, our fingers and noses were freezing. For some reason I thought that after our warmer (almost 50) week last week, that it was going to keep on being warm and actually be spring, NOT. Oh wait, I forgot, I think it is supposed to snow tonight. The sad part is today was supposed to be the nicest day for being outside ALL WEEK. So much for "Spring" Break. Maybe they should wait and actually have Spring Break when it is Spring around here. Nora said she liked the Japanese Salamander the best, it came out of it's log and kind of stood up against the glass. We all enjoyed the Snow Monkeys. We stayed and watched them for a long time, they were really active. I wish we could have seen them get in their "hot tub" though. The sad news is that Daniel is sick and actually stayed home from work today. I honestly don't think that he has ever taken a sick day from work or school since we have been married. I am sure he has been sick a few times but it is definately a rare occurrence. We hope he gets over it soon (it is no fun having a sick Daddy), and doesn't share it with any of us (it is even worse having a sick mommy).

1 comments:

Summer said...

I feel so famous to be in your movie. I'm a star!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we are up to. We love to hear from everyone and see who has been looking at the blog.